Saint Colette of Corbie was Franciscan tertiary and was well known for her holiness and spiritual wisdom. Her reform took place during the Western Schism when the Church was utterly divided. She responded to the need for a return to the heart of the Gospel, and her reform has had lasting effects on the Church.
Kevin Nelson hosts Encounter, the original CatholicTV magazine series, March 2019 episode.
- Franciscan Father John Luke Gregory
- Army chaplain Father “George” Rzasowski
- Together We Rebuild question of the month: what is your hope for the future of the church?
- Reformer Saint: Colette of Corbi
- Survey Says: The Pew Research Center looks at American meditation practices
The CatholicTV Together We Rebuild Saint Peter Damian emerged as a voice of truth and reform at a time when the Church was struggling with corruption and immorality. Called “the soul of the Gregorian reform” by Pope emeritus Benedict XVI, his prolific writing and zealous call to popes, bishops and prelates to lead lives of purity, poverty and prayer were significant elements of Church reform in the 11th century.
Join host Kevin Nelson for the CatholicTV original series produced monthly in the spirit of Pope Francis’ call to go out and encounter others in the light of the Gospel.
- February 2019, Nelson encounters Steven K. Ray, author of The Papacy.
- The “Reformer Saint of the Month” is Peter Damian (feast Feb. 21).
- Viewers answer the “Together We Rebuild” question: How do you evangelize?
Saint Francis de Sales, baptized Francis Bonaventura, was a bishop of Geneva and is a Doctor of the Church. He is honored as one of most successful evangelizers in response to the Protestant Reformation, attributed to his sincere love for God and his gentle approach to counseling people and healing religious differences. Learn more about him in this segment of Encounter with Kevin Nelson.
Kevin Nelson hosts Encounter, The CatholicTV Network's monthly magazine-style show produced in light of Pope Francis' call to encounter others in the gospel.
In this episode, encounter a very special program on the miraculous image of Our Lady of Guadalupe; Nelson interviews Maggie Gallagher, Executive Director of the Benedict XVI Institute for Sacred Music and Divine Worship.
- Reformer Saint of the Month: Francis de Sales
- Answers to the street team's Together We Rebuild question of the month: What would you say to someone considering leaving the church?
Saint John of the Cross, born Juan de Yepes Álvarez, (June 24, 1542–Dec. 14, 1591) holds the title of doctor of the Church. He was a Carmelite friar and priest, a mystic and a major figure of the Counter-Reformation. His writings and poetry, including Ascent to Mount Carmel, Dark Night of the Soul and A Spiritual Canticle, are considered to be the summit of mystical Spanish literature.
Saint Nicholas, Saint Nick, Santa Claus, whatever you call him, here's his story.
Watch Encounter with Kevin Nelson every month to meet a new saint of the Catholic Church.
Encounter, The CatholicTV Network’s original series hosted by Kevin Nelson premieres the first Monday of the month. In December 2018, Nelson encounters dynamic Catholic Matthew Kelly. They discuss the books The Biggest Lie in the History of Christianity and Why I Love Being Catholic. The “Reformer Saint of the Month” is St. John of the Cross. Viewers answer the “Together We Rebuild” question: Why are you still Catholic?
CatholicTV's November 2018 Reformer Saint of the month: Saint Charles Borromeo.
Watch Encounter with Kevin Nelson every month to meet a new Reforming Saint of the Church.
Kevin Nelson hosts this CatholicTV original series produced monthly in the spirit of Pope Francis’ call to go out and encounter others in the light of the Gospel.
In November, Nelson encounters #MediaNun Sister Nancy Usselmann from the Daughters of St. Paul, women religious who live and communicate Christ within the media culture. The “Reformer Saint of the Month” is St. Charles Borromeo (feast day Nov. 4).
Kevin Nelson hosts Encounter
- Guests: Gretchen Crowe, editor-in-chief of Our Sunday Visitor Newsweekly and Philip Andrews, director of violence prevention initiatives in the Archdiocese of Chicago
- Question: What is the influence of grandparents?
- Obscure Saint: Saint John Leonardi
- Survey Says: Stats about Catholics in America
Join host Kevin Nelson in this CatholicTV original series in the spirit of Pope Francis's call to go out and encounter others in the light of the Gospel. Encounter airs monthly and features the "Encounter Question of the Month," "Obscure Saint of the Month," news about issues and trends that are important to Catholics and Christians, and reports from Catholic News Service and Rome Reports.
Mondays 8:30 pm, Tuesdays 2:30 am, Thursdays 2:30 pm
all times Eastern | subject to change